Saturday 16 March 2013

Testing Toddlers & Party Danger Zones!!!

Good evening lovely people!
Tonight im writing this as a very tired mummy, worn out by temper tantrums and other such delights of my charming daughter!
However it wasnt all bad as it was one of my friends little boys first birthday party today...usually a sentence that fills me with fear....trays of cupcakes, biscuits, crisps, dips, sausage rolls and pizzas, the beige buffet, all full of scrumminess and weight loss sabotage, but not this one ohhhhh nooooo i was going in prepared hahaha take that buffet!!! In YOUR face!
I started my day at the rather unsociable hour of 6:45am errrrgh! The devil child decided to wake in a rather shirty and shouty mood this morning, so i decided on the calming decison of watching peppa pig snuggled up under my duvet but alas the peace only lasted 20 minutes before i was dragged out of bed for breakfast (at least there was a 7 on the clock now!) I decided a hearty green day brekky of beans on a HeB of nimble, a fruit salad of strawberrys, kiwi and grapes all washed down with a cuppa.
I was ready to start the day with some clothes washing, various cleaning chores and trying to avoid more strops from satan. God bless the terrible twos! (Shes not even two yet...surely it cant get worse can it?!)
As we were getting ready to head over to paaaarty central, i decided to have my lunch before i went and dug out my orzo pasta that ive been dying to give a go. I frylighted 2 large mushrooms, a big handful of pasta and when they were cooked i bunged some rocket ontop the mushrooms, put the orzo on top of that, sprinkled more rocket on along with some plum tomatoes and 1/2 my HeB of reduced fat cheese.
Bring on the party!!!

As promised there was a varietable feast of goodies including cake and muffins and i proudly resisted all, opting for 2 bread sticks and 2 tblsp of houmous for 7 syns instead. Heavy syns for not alot but i thoroughly enjoyed it and it stopped me wanting cake. I also topped up on tea as well. After lots of natters and catching up and birthday wishing it was time to take miss strops home, although after an inital bumpy start involving fights over a seesaw cow and a fire truck, she did calm down alot and played nicely with the other babies and kiddies so it was a bit more happy days. Needless to say straight away in the car she fell asleep ahhhhh peace!

Once home i dished up her dindins of sw quorn spag bol which after some kicking off she did scoff down. Whilst she ate i had a glass of coke zero cherry and picked on some leftover rice pud from last night as my dinner wouldnt be for another few hours yet.
I had premade the spag bol before leaving so all i had to do was preheat it.
I fried off onions and garlic in frylight, added quorn mince, tom puree, then a handful of mushrooms, a courgette, red pepper, peas, a carton of basil and garlic passata and a half carton of plain passata. Then a splash of dark soy which takes out the tang of the tomatoes. Simmer til cooked :-)
Once buglet had gone to bed i cooked mine up with some rigaoli, riggoli, riaglio or in english some spirally type pasta and asparagus. Pasta is on offer for 50p at tesco so i bought a whole heap of funny shapes and sizes! Topped of with the second half of my HeB of cheese and another coffee.
I then spent the rest of the evening chattin to my friend and putting the world to rights, well attempting to anywho!

So eventually tiredness kicked in and i retire to bed with a fruit salad of a banana, kiwi, yellow plum, grapes, one giant strawberry, a pineapple activia and a lemon and green tea so night y'all sleep well x

HEA -350ml skimmed milk
HEA -350ml skimmed milk
HEB -2 x nimble
HEB - 40g reduced fat cheese

SUPERFREE
Strawberries
Grapes
Kiwi
2 flat mushrooms
Rocket
Plum tomatoes
Asparagus
Mushrooms
Onion
Pepper
Courgette
Yellow plum
Banana

FREE
Small tin baked beans
Orzo
Rice pud
Squirly pasta
Activia yogurt

SYNS

2 breadsticks  2
2tblsp houmous  5

TOTAL 7

Dont forget to come follow me on my facebook page at Slimming World Style ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment