Sunday 27 April 2014

And so she returns from outer space, well cyber space at least!

Okay so realising when I was reading back through some of my old blogs, I've not actually blogged for nearly a year... a whole year!

I bet you're all thinking "ahhh she must be nearly at target" "ooh I bet shes been really good and lost tons of weight" or more probably "ooh that's the random girl who I used to read but then she got lazy and I stopped reading as she stopped posting...."
Well you would be right in one of those, and its the last one! I'm no closer to my target and I haven't lost tons of weight either, well actually I should rephrase that slightly, I HAD lost a stone since my last post, then my husband came back from a nine month world deployment and basically I spent the weeks that followed catching up on missed takeaways and a few date nights, social events and a very wonderful all inclusive holiday to Egypt. Therefore all that stone got put back on again! This has totally annoyed me (although i enjoyed at the time!!!)

So here I am, I have been inspired by a friend of mine who has recently started blogging and my husband said to me could I not start ranting abut my weight journey on here again, I think he may be getting fed up with me banging on about it all the time!

So let me get you up to speed.....

I now have an instagram account which I use every day to instablog my food pics, my user name is

1_pound_at_a_time

I find instagram really helpful, its full of amazing ideas and food related stuffs, I've picked up some great recipes and tips etc on there, so come follow me, I follow back pretty much everyone slimming world related unless you're selling me juice diets and wraps, thats a no go lol!
Its also a great place for fitness ideas and I'm trying to incorporate some clean eating into my diet now too, some days are better than others, but there's loads of inspiration on there for that too.

I had a few months around christmas where I just couldn't focus properly on my dieting and I decided in mid jan to give it a rest for a bit, get the homecoming out the way and then knuckle back down again when things were more settled and hopefully my body will kick start itself again. That was the theory anyway.

I rejoined my SW group on the 28th March I think it was and I've lost a grand total of .....

Two pounds.........

I could cry!

It's proving to be so damn difficult to get my body to shift this lard, I could understand if I was close to target but to this date I still need to lose a staggering 5 stone and 13lbs!!!!!!!
I had lost 3 and a half stone but put a few pounds back on hence the restarting.

I'm currently in the process of trying different things to help with my weightloss, I had started the C25K podcasts the week before last, put half a pound on come weigh in, had a hissybitchfit about it and didnt go out again, buuuuut....I'm going to restart week 1 tomorrow as I actually really enjoyed it.
I'm going to cut down my caffine intake and try and drink more water and herbal teas as I drink faaaaar too much caffine.
I'm going to focus more on some clean eating and healthy fats. As SW is low fat, I thought I might invest in some healthy fats as either HE's or use my syns on things such as almond or cashew butters, coconut oil for cooking rather than frylight, flax seeds etc, as I was having a consultation not so long ago with a personal dietian and she said I dont eat enough of these types of fats and it may slow down my metabolism especially as I dont like fish. Hey it can only help I guess!

Theres one massive contributing factor in my need for weight loss..... BABIES!!!
Well, Baby, not multiple babies...eeeek! We have decided to go for another and this time I want to be more in control and be healthier, the thought of gaining 5st again scares the beejeezus out of me and I don't want the health issues that come with it, I'm STILL trying to lose the weight I gained with my daughter 3 years ago! I've been told the SPD that I suffered with first time round will undoubtably come back and quicker and worse. If i can lose weight while trying and then when I fall I hope this will help it a bit especially as I will have an extremely active 3 year old to contend with too and lounging on a sofa all day will not cut it with her!

So there we have it, I'm back and thats me pretty much up to date I think as to where I am now so I hope you come back and share my journey again and help me through it

xx



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've just been scanning your fast forward post! I hope you're getting on ok with slimming world this time round xx

    ReplyDelete